Skip to main content

Florida Career College to Close

Florida Career College to Close Doug Lederman Fri, 01/26/2024 - 03:00 AM Byline(s) Doug Lederman from Inside Higher Ed https://ift.tt/avZRfLi

Fraudulent Data Raise Questions on Duke Researcher

The revelations of fraudulent data in a key paper have raised questions about Dan Ariely, the James B. Duke Professor of Psychology and Behavioral Economics at Duke University, Science reported.

"None of the five study authors disputes that fabrication occurred, but Ariely’s colleagues have washed their hands of responsibility for it," the article reported. "Ariely acknowledges that only he had handled the earliest known version of the data file, which contained the fabrications. Ariely emphatically denies making up the data."

The data were collected by an insurance company, Ariely said, but he no longer has records of interactions with it that could reveal where things went wrong. “I wish I had a good story,” Ariely told Science. “And I just don’t.”

Ad keywords: 
Is this diversity newsletter?: 
Disable left side advertisement?: 
Is this Career Advice newsletter?: 
Live Updates: 
liveupdates0


from Inside Higher Ed https://ift.tt/3mKu9VW

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Is Middle School So Hard for So Many People?

Middle school. The very memory of it prompts disgust. Here’s a thing no one’s thinking: Geez, I wish I still looked the way I did when I was 12. Middle school is the worst. Tweenhood, which starts around age 9 , is horrifying for a few reasons. For one, the body morphs in weird and scary ways. Certain parts expand faster than others, sometimes so fast that they cause literal growing pains; hair grows in awkward locations, often accompanied by awkward smells. And many kids face new schools and a new set of rules for how to act, both socially and academically. But middle school doesn’t have to be like this. It could be okay. It could be good , even. After all, middle schoolers are “kind of the best people on Earth,” says Mayra Cruz, the principal of Oyster-Adams Bilingual School, a public middle school in Washington, D.C. The notion that middle school deserves its own educational ecosystem at all dates back to the 1960s , with a campaign to better accommodate the specific learning ne...

Academic Minute: Race and National Identity in France

Today on the Academic Minute : Katelyn Knox, associate professor in the department of languages, linguistics, literatures and cultures at the University of Central Arkansas, explores how to fight racism in a purportedly postracial society. Learn more about the Academic Minute here . Is this diversity newsletter?:  Hide by line?:  Disable left side advertisement?:  Is this Career Advice newsletter?:  Trending:  Live Updates:  liveupdates0 from Inside Higher Ed https://ift.tt/3eJSeqm